Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Great Archery Book - Archery by USA Archery

Since starting in archery in 2008, I have only actually purchased one archery book.  It was shortly after my daughter started back in shooting recurve and when I switched to recurve.  We were both having difficulty and although we could occasionally get advice on what we were doing wrong, we could never find out what to do about it and what it looked like when we were doing things right.

The book, "Archery" by USA Archery was recommended to us by a coach, who said that it's almost enough to replace a coach.  I now know that's not quite the whole story - a coach is very valuable - but it's a great way to learn how you should be improving your archery skills if you can't afford a coach.

Other than taking the USA Archery coaching training courses, I've learned more about archery technique from this book than any other resource I've found.  The good thing is, if you follow the instructions you're learning to shoot the way that USA Archery Certified NTS Instructors would teach you, and you're also learning to shoot the way that the USA Olympic Team is taught.

This book is a bargain.  On Amazon, it's $18.71 right now for the paperback.  I recommend the paper version because it can be taken with you and can still be read even if you forget to charge your tablet/phone!  It's quite possibly the best money I've spent on archery.  Even if you have a coach, get it and read it.  Review sections with your coach.  I can't recommend this book enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment